Jun 26, 2017

flexurie handcrafted


I took a plunge (more like a dive) and decided to start a craft business (here). I’ve been playing around and experimenting with my creative work for some time now and documenting it here for all of you.


So what brings me here? I was attending a wedding of my boyfriend’s cousin and we were asked to stand in as secondary sponsors. I already had my dress picked out which did not go with the wedding theme of Champagne and Red, so I decided to make a belt for my outfit to fit into the honor of our sudden role (this post). I had a DIY post prepared to share on the blog, but then I thought of selling them on Etsy as well to share the goodness and try my hand in running a business. That being said, my post remains unfinished (it’ll go up, eventually).


This is technically the 2nd time I made a bow belt for a wedding. The first time was back in a couple years ago at another wedding. The reception was at a fancy downtown location and I felt like my dress wasn’t “wow” enough. I was too lazy to bead my dress entirely because it would take days, so I made my first bow belt with beading, metallic fabric accents and all that. I also designed it so I can enjoy the buffet and discreetly adjust my belt to suit my fluctuating food baby.


Today, I’ve opened the flexurie shop on Etsy. It currently carries belts & jewelry with bead embroidery & lace details. The nature and design of the belt inspired the idea of offering them to bridesmaids, the brides themselves, debutants & special occasion attendees looking to add that finishing touch that expresses their playfulness and sophistication. I’m working on some custom & squad packages to add to the mix as well. I hope eventually add headpieces, shawls, capes & even overskirts that share in this aesthetic (apparel will be a story for another day).


My future aspirations are to sell in craft markets & eventually take on bridal fairs. If it all works out, I hope to sell in fashion boutiques and bridal shops. I had my eyes set on going back to school to obtain an MBA, but now I’m hoping that all I’ve gathered from my education and work experience will carry me through it. It’s a lot of more work than I thought of, but now with the pieces coming together I’m finding that it’s kind of worth it.


As for the blog, yes the content is going to change but I’ll find a way to incorporate my illustration work & UYTT even. I still haven’t really set a plan in place on how I’m going to use the blog to be honest. I’m thinking of documenting the process, my inspiration and telling the stories behind my work. I figured reading blogs hasn’t been that popular these days (if you’ve made it this far, yay!) so I’ll keep it as visual as possible.


So that’s where I’m at right now. I apologize for the long hiatus. In between my family trip the Philippines I’ve been working hard to roughly business plan and put this together. Now that it’s finally coming together here I am. So if you have any friends looking for some pretty lace goods, hit me up ðŸ˜Š

Cheers Friends!
<3 Yna

No comments:

Post a Comment