Sep 28, 2016

UPGRADE TO A TEE



In the Zumba world, we do this thing to our t-shirts called "cut and create" and everyone's really into it. This year during the Sun Run, I brought my zumbalicious self and "cut and creat(ed)" my Sun Run t-shirt, mainly because I wanted to get rid of the sleeves, and I'm an athlete that knows how to solve my own athletic issues (go fashion). 

Anyway, I ran into my coworker and her friend said, "Hey, you gave your t-shirt an upgrade." and I thought, "Hmm, upgrade. That's a cool way to describe it."

The Shirt:
The front neckline and back was cut into 6 strips, stopping before the printed areas. The front strips were woven into each other, and the back strips were braided to connect to the front. I used a sewing machine and added extension strips between the front and back neckline from the sleeve fabric, except they were too long. The knots on the shoulder were made to shorten the straps so it wasn't so low. I also cut up the back and the sides to add more ventilation (it's a 10K run...)

In this blog there'll be a posting series every Tuesday called UYTT - Upgrade Your Tee Tuesdays. Hopefully with each blog post you too can master the art of the t-shirt upgrade and wear it to your workouts and going outs (since they'll be trendy enough to kind of kill the lax-Vancouver-stigma).

No comments:

Post a Comment