Nov 10, 2016

AQUATIC COMEBACK KID


Hello friends!

First of all, I apologize for my multiple weeks of absence. As a noob blogger, I know it’s not the smartest thing to disappear for a couple weeks, especially after launching. As much as I do have reasons, excuses aren’t very cool either. So basically, I’m back, and I’m here to stay…ideally. Please don’t leave me.


This sketch concept was inspired by the works of Shamekh Bluwi (@shamekhbluwi) and Edgar Artis (@edgar_artis). Their beautiful, random medium sketches have been going around Instagram for a while. I’m glad to finally find the artists behind this stuff.

I’ve been craving to go swimming so I decided to immerse the chick with massive hair (in blue velum paper for this case). She’s doing the elementary breast stroke, which is one of my favorite swimming strokes because I’m still kind of moving while lying on my back. It’s lots of work, actually. I’m not that lazy. 


If you’ve been following me on Instagram, I did get kind of caught up in life stuff and a wave of Zumba events like finally taking my basic 2, Halloween events, and a slew of jam sessions. Finally, I went back to gym-ing again. Which inspires a future sketch post regarding a very important aspect of my gym life.

Stay tuned!


I’ve also decided to kind hop on back on the physical training lifestyle with clean(ish) eating and (actually) working out regularly. The holidays are coming up, and I got a wedding to attend in January. I need to at least look kind of decent.

Now don’t get me wrong, I believe that there is beauty in every size, however I have a closet of beautiful clothes that were bought at size 0 and extra small. Thanks to my amazing eating habits and lack of regular exercise, those clothes ain’t fitting so nicely. That’s why this working out thingy needs to be taken seriously, again.


To all those trainers, athletes and body building competitors alike, I salute you because the training life is a lot of work and discipline. For the next couple of weeks, I hope to join your meal prepping, always training squad. Then I can fit into that dress I’d like to wear the 2nd time. With me putting myself through this mayhem you may see some wonderful sketches of a french fry dress, or a gown made of cake icing to bear with the separation from my foodie life.


So that’s what’s been going on lately with me. If you’ve made it this far in the epic long read (433 words lol), good for you! It was a pleasure catching up. I’m thankful for you, my reader. I promise more art your way, from me. If you’ve been liking my posts and sending compliments and comments my way, thank you so much. All your loving means the world to me J

<3 Yna

No comments:

Post a Comment