Jan 14, 2017

THE ENCHANT LIGHT SQUAD


If you've been following me on instagram, you'll see that I've posted a bunch of fashion design sketches inspired by my trip to Enchant. For those of you who live outside of Vancouver, Enchant is Christmas light maze and Christmas market. The place is also surrounded by food trucks, an outdoor-ish bar and a beverage shop in the market. You really get the holiday feel when you're there. Plus you get lost in a maze of Christmas lights, like what more can you ask for?


So once we've entered the actual Enchant maze, we're given a card that tells us our mission: to find all of Santa's reindeer. With each reindeer we find, we stamp their name at the stamp station. This part is what made it a legit maze. Some of these reindeer know how to hide. My boyfriend and I walked in circles, plowed through crowds and even ended up on the same reindeer twice. Once we've found it all, we go through the great curtain of lights and find the Christmas tree, Rudolph and Santa's sleigh. We didn't bother taking a pic with Santa though because the line up was too long. It was a sold out night.


After that we leave the maze and head back into the main area to enjoy the food trucks, Christmas market and all the other festivities in the area, like walking into a private company party and eating free food, that wasn't exactly for us #yolo. Overall the experience was pleasurable. It would have been better without the huge crowd and a bit of warmth, but we made do and had a good time...well I had fun getting lost in a light maze...

Side note: my parents have this joke with me that we'll call "wow lights". When I was a baby they couldn't get me to stop crying one night. So my dad loaded me in the car and drove around to show me the city view at night (side side note: this was in the Philippines so I think my mom was carrying me, car seats no needed there lol). There was something about the lights that calmed me down. Ever since then they would say "wow lights" and I would instantly wake up looking for them lights. So this probably explains my fascination with pretty lights in general.




I hope you guys had an awesome holiday season and a great start to 2K17!

For more info abour enchant visit: http://enchantchristmas.com
I heard they have more in store for next year.

Cheers Friends
<3 Yna

No comments:

Post a Comment