Feb 1, 2017

CHAMPAGNE WEDDINGS IN NAVY


DISCLAIMER: If you want better look at the images, you're free to click on them. I'll figure this image thing out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Since Christmas I've been eyeing this dress to wear to my boyfriend's, cousin's wedding (which I found while shopping for everyone else). I figured it was better to wait until I recover financially from the Christmas season before buying making the purchase. Then we were requested to take on a bigger role in the wedding ceremony because the original couple had a baby on the way and she's due basically on the day of the wedding. The wedding theme was champagne with red accents so I figured I needed to add some kind of champagne to my outfit to blend with the wedding better.



I decided to make a cumberbow belt, which is basically a female's cumberband/ belt with a bow. I made one before a couple years ago just to add some umph to a dress I bought for another wedding. If you've followed my insta story, you'll notice how easy it was to get distracted in a fabric store. I sketched the plan out at work, and I was set on a contrast color ribbon with beading in the middle. Then I found this lace and I thought it would be cooler to have it. I'm glad I went with it though. It's something I've never really seen before, and it just works.


For the record my nails are falsies (just putting it out there). I play basketball weekly on my boyfriend's team. I figured it would be such a waste to grow my nails out and get them done, only to cut them like 3 days later. So I saved $50+ and dropped half of that on some new nail polish (AND glue, omg! In case you're noob like me, an entire bottle of nail polish glue can completely dry out after a couple of years).

It was good opportunity for some nail art which I haven't done myself in ages. I missed having ombre nails so I went with it. I also gave my nails the claw shape just to test it out. Since I really liked having the claw I can have it on my real nails in the off season.



PS to everyone that celebrates Chinese New Year, I wish you an awesome and prosperous one! (without butchering your language :P)

PS PS thank God for Chinese New Year I can finally relax at work. If you work with Chinese vendors, you'll understand ;)

Cheers Friends!
<3 Yna
OUTFIT:

Dress: Ever New | Necklace (pearls): Ever New - similar | Clutch: Le Chateau - similar | Shoes: Steve Madden - similar | Vest: Kensie (old school) - similar | Belt: MEEEEE! DIY directions coming right up | Nail Polish: Essie (Matte Solid & Gold Glitter); Nicole by OPI (Metallic Gold)

No comments:

Post a Comment