Oct 17, 2016

CALM BEFORE THE STORM


Cardigan (On Sale): Hollister Chevron Cocoon Sweater, Romper (On Sale): Aeropostale Cape Juby Embroidered Romper


With a 3 in 1, triple whammy storm coming in, people from the radio were making bets that Vancouver's social media posts would be about the "calm before the storm". This was actually quite fitting because the weather was actually great. So whether the posts existed or not, I decided to join the ride. I live in a city of trolls and I'm one of them ;P

I managed to wear my summer romper that day (because I was too lazy to match a top and bottom), but I made the outfit more practical for Fall. I firmly believe that our most lovable summer pieces can be easily worn into Fall with the right layers and accessories. I chose a warm, cocoon cardigan to protect me from the cold. For accessories, I went with thigh-high socks and a hat (so I didn't need to do my hair, style hack 101). At one point in the day it go so warm that I ran around without my cardigan, making it a great transitional piece in the fall. In a place where you can experience multiple weather patterns in one day, having options really comes in handy.

If you live in a city like mine with a climate that's oh so indecisive, it's totally cool to cheat and bring in your summer goods. Especially if you don't want a huge major closet change the moment the season (kind of, maybe) changes.  Sweaters and accessories are great for making that transition.


No comments:

Post a Comment