Oct 9, 2016

VIRAL IN VANCITY

Beanie: Hollister, Eternity Scarf: Garage, Jacket: Guess, Sweater: Loft Mixed Media Side Ribbed Sweater, Leggings: Ivviva Rhythmic Tight, Boots: Kenneth Cole Unlisted


I've been sick for some time now with some kind of virus going around here. It's probably the sickest I've been in a long time. I actually launched this blog glued to my couch, wrapped in not 1, but 2 sherpa blankets! Yeah it was pretty bad.

My dad wanted to go out for breakfast since no one wanted to cook. Although the seasons are transitioning from Summer to Fall, my outfit choices decided to skip to Winter to avoid further damage to my system. My objective was to keep warm and survive, unwrapped from my sherpa crew.

I picked pieces with fun details to layer up, so it keeps my style out of the under-the-weather-club. A monochromatic outfit can still be fun and lively with a printed scarf (mine was floral) and a pom pom beanie. Leggings were perfect because it was easy and just as comfy as my jammies. My leggings rule of thumb is that as long as the top covers the bum, they make the perfect bottom. A charcoal sweater with white flecks and side slits was good for this. For additional warmth leather moto jackets are timeless, making them great go to for the extra layering piece. You can go from scrub to grungy chic in an instant by simply adding a leather moto jacket (especially from zumba/ gym to mall/ resto, lol, I'm serious)

For this sketch I played a lot with fabric rendering, but I was also lazy and scanned/ photographed the patterns from this outfit, then manipulated it in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. The boots are my favorite, they turned out exactly as I imagined.

So if you ever need to leave the house with a flu and you need a decent look, layer up and mesh together some fun pieces in neutral colors...like Black, you can never go wrong >=P
..but seriously, don't get sick either.

Suggested Links
Pom Pom Beanie: Zappos, Asos, Shopbop
Printed Eternity Scarf: Lane Bryant, Michael Stars
Leather Moto Jacket: Rudsak, Micheal Kors, Shoptiques
Boots:  La Canadienne, UGG

No comments:

Post a Comment